Windows System Administrator
Join Centripetal Networks as a Windows System Administrator and become part of a rapidly growing and successful organization focused on today's emerging cyber security threats. We at Centripetal are innovators of disruptive cybersecurity solutions. Our CleanINTERNET managed service operationalizes billions of threat indicators in real-time to prevent over 90% of known threats against enterprise networks. Our customers love us for reducing their cybersecurity risks and enabling their security operations to be more proactive, focused and efficient. We focus on bold ideas around how to leverage data in cyber defense and pursue strategic initiatives that aim to paradigm-shift the cybersecurity landscape.
We currently seek a Windows System Administrator to provide senior leadership in the design and implementation of the Windows infrastructure and systems. The successful candidate should be an independent, solution-oriented individual who is skilled in supporting and maintaining Linux, OSX and Windows operating systems. Primary responsibilities include the operation, configuration and security of Centripetal's Windows infrastructure. This is a key position within the IT team providing technical expertise on a range of Windows infrastructure such as Domain Controllers and Active Directory. The candidate will actively participate in the development of technical solutions enabling innovation within the corporate infrastructure.
Location: Reston, VA
- Work closely as part of the team to develop, plan, support and secure Centripetal's Windows infrastructure.
- Provide technical expertise on the systems design, responsible for implementation, and be expected to solve unique and complex operational problems with Active Directory and other Windows infrastructure components.
- Responsible for the design, planning, implementation and support for the Microsoft Windows environment.
- Help ensure that the Company's use of Windows operating systems is implemented with current best practices, meets the needs of the organizations and position us to meet future technological developments from both Microsoft and Centripetal.
- Serve as a technical expert in the area of Windows administration and monitoring
- Provide leadership in the resolution of technical support issues
- Manage the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of corporate systems
- Ensure the uptime, performance, resources, and security of various devices are maintained properly
- Install new or rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project or operational requirements
- Develop and maintain installation, maintenance and configuration procedures
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Minimum of 4+ years of system administration experience with Microsoft Windows Server operating systems
- Extensive hands-on experience supporting Windows systems in a 24 x 7 enterprise environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of server and networking hardware and infrastructure
- Understanding and experience with information security in a distributed computing environment
- Extensive experience in managing Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, and Group Policy
- Ability to deliver fact-based communications, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to successfully interface and establish rapport with internal operations personnel
- Knowledgeable in technical support and problem solving
- Certifications in Linux, or OSX operating systems is a plus
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
- Technical background in network defense techniques
- Familiarity with information security, and information assurance
About Centripetal Networks
Centripetal has engineered and manufactured a new disruptive technology for cyber security that actions millions of threat indicators and scales well beyond any current solution. We are looking for candidates with startup, product or cyber security experiences that want to work for a faster growing venture backed company. Excellent benefits and work life environment.